When the First World War ended, Malcolm Stockley returned to his native Accrington in Lancashire and recommenced the craft he had practised as a younger man - the art of toffee making.
It was from humble beginnings in a shed in High Street, Riley's Hill that the name of Stockleys first became known as a manufacturer of quality sweets. The "quality" tradition continues at Stockleys every day. The name of Stockleys was seen in many different places, from market stalls to retail stands at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and from England to America, where Stockleys proudly exhibited their goods at the World Exhibition in San Francisco in 1939.
Today, the name of Stockleys is synonymous with their world famous Coltsfoot Rock
Stockleys moved its factory to Oswaldtwistle Mills in 1994 after leaving its premises in Church Street, Church. It opened its visitors centre boasting the worlds largest pear drop a year later.
Current production manager Michael Stockley is the third generation of the family to have worked in the business, which was founded in Accrington in 1918 by Malcolm Stockley.